Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Old Translations

So, authority has issued the English texts to be used by Anglicans who have returned to full communion with the Catholic Church. Below are two samples from the Rite of Marriage:

During the exchange of consent in the Order for the Celebration of Holy Matrimony, the man says:

I, N, take thee, N, to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

During the exchange of rings, the man says:

With this ring I thee wed; with my body I thee worship; and all my worldly goods with thee I share: In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

THIS is something to think about.

No comments: